Are you interested in helping International Students?!
The International Student Outreach
Department is looking for volunteers (mentors)!
The Algoma Student Ambassador Program (ASAP) is a mentoring program for newly arriving international students.
A Student Ambassador's
main role is to help students from foreign countries adjust to
Canadian culture and become familiar with their new academic and
social setting at Algoma University.
Who can be a Student Ambassador (SA)?
- any registered domestic or international student who has studied at Algoma University for at least one year
- someone with a familiarity of the AU campus
- has excellent interpersonal skills and public relations skills
- has demonstrated leadership experience and/or community development
- has a cross cultural sensitivity
- is able to balance the demands of being an academic student with the responsibilities of ASAP
What do you do as a Student Ambassador?
- commit to at least 4 hours a month to be with your mentee(s)
- help your mentee(s) when they have problems and/or questions
- direct international students to appropriate staff members if you are unable to assist your mentee(s)
- bring issues pertaining to your mentee(s) to the attention of the ASAP Coordinator (Tyler Pollard).
- be supportive of the needs of International students
- be friendly and patient
The link for the Algoma Student Ambassador Program Webpage:
Please fill out the appropriate application form.
The link for the "Become a Mentee" online application:
The link for the "Become a Mentor" online application: http://algomau.ca/international/algoma_student_ambassador_program/become_a_mentor/
If interested in this great opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Location: NW302